The Spiritual Warfare Animation!
The Art of War, Part 1
Get tough on the Enemy …………………..3
If you choose to fight, you will make it ..7
With great honor come great tests ……..9
Welcome the battles, for they are your teachers ………………9
The key of determination ………………..10
Go proactive ………………………………….11
Wimp or warrior? ……………………………12
Tips for becoming a conqueror ………..13
Weapon focus: Love, unity, trust, and selflessness = weapon of brotherhood ……………………………….15
Experts you can call on …………………..19
In summary …………………………………..21
Remembering to fight when you least feel like it ……………..22
The Fighter’s Creed of the Children of David ……………….22
1. This is the first in a series of GNs about the spiritual warfare and how to become proficient in fighting it-not just deal with it, or barely survive, but actually defeat and rout the Enemy to the point that we are winning the war!
2. As explains in the Year-end GN “Wartime," we are now at the point of strengthening our forces. An essential part of that is for each individual to become trained, proficient, and expert in the art of spiritual warfare. No matter what restructuring the Family goes through, no matter how organized or efficient we become, the fact has not changed that we “wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" ( Eph.6:12 ).
3. Restructuring and strengthening the Family overall is very necessary, and it is being accomplished with the Lord’s step-by-step direction, your obedience and sacrifices, and a lot of hard work on everyone’s part. But in order to fulfill our mission on this Earth, each one of you is going to have to become an expert fighter-as an individual and as a team. We are going to go through the darkest time in the world’s history. We are going to see the day when the spiritual and physical realms merge or collide.
4. The Lord has given us the instruction that we need. He has revealed many spiritual weapons that we can use, any one of which is devastating to the Enemy. But we haven’t become experts.
5. It’s time to focus on becoming offensive fighters. Right now most of you are defensive fighters. When you face a heavy battle, your first reaction is to wonder what went wrong. You wonder, “What did I do wrong?" rather than having the attitude, “Okay, you damned Devil, you asked for it!"
6. The Lord wants you to take it even further than that. He wants you to ask Him what the Devil’s next move is, and preempt it! He wants you to learn how to use your spiritual weapons offensively, not just to defend yourself and your Homes and loved ones when attacked, but to storm Satan’s strongholds.
7. What we need is a change of mentality. The battles aren’t going to go away. They are progressively heating up, and the grand climax will be the Battle of Armageddon, when we will be so proficient in the use of our spiritual weapons that we will actually use them to defeat and destroy our Enemy’s hordes in the flesh before our very eyes.
8. But everything between now and then is going to be getting progressively more intense and demanding of your attention.
9. The battles are tough, yes-and they’re getting tougher all the time! But your weapons are stronger, if you will only use them! “The Enemy’s attacks grow stronger by the day, but the key power I give you grows even faster and will cause you to triumph." The battles don’t have to be that difficult if you will learn how-and then choose repeatedly, every time you’re faced with a battle-to fight effectively. Rather than being intimidated or discouraged by the battles, see them as opportunities to defeat the Enemy. Learn to love the fight, to relish the opportunity to hit the Devil where it hurts!
10. I know the battles are tough. We’re faced with them too! I know that when you get hit with a battle, the absolute last thing you feel like doing is fighting! So what the Lord is asking of us in telling us we need to change our mentality is a pretty big switch, because we don’t usually think that way now. But, you know, you’re going to face the battles one way or the other. Do you want to be beat by the Enemy or do you want to beat him and win? That’s the difference!
11. Your mentality must become one of a fighter-where you go to bed and wake up with your weapons in your hand, where you are constantly looking for the next way you can defeat the Enemy, surprise him, devastate him, instead of waiting for him to do those things to you. Your first reaction to any hint of attack should be to reach for your weapons of the spirit and use them! You need to learn to guard your hearts and minds and children and Homes and spiritual territory with vigilance.
12. That’s what this series of GNs is going to be about. It’s about how to use your spiritual weapons offensively. It’s about how to persevere, endure, and win. It’s about how to learn to love the fight. It’s about how to anticipate the Enemy’s moves and preempt them.
13. The Lord also gives us lots of encouragement about the battles, explaining why He allows them, what’s happening in the spiritual realm, how to look at them‚ and what the future will be like if we persevere and win. I think this series of GNs will be very encouraging for you, because we are soldiers and constantly in battle, so it’s natural to need encouragement and an outside perspective regularly.
14. But the main purpose for sharing these Words from the Lord for you is to help you to learn to be a fighter-and not just any old fighter, but an expert, an offensive fighter, one who is a real threat to the Enemy!
15. I expect that you’ll need to reread some of these Words from the Lord often. Study them, ask Him about them‚ and apply them to your life! He’s making this counsel as practical as possible, but you still have to learn how to do what it says, and you have to do it repeatedly if you want it to become a habit. So start today!
Get tough on the Enemy!
- We asked the Lord to give us a class on how we can practically learn to love the fight and make fighting and using the new weapons more a part of our everyday lives, instead of taking a more passive approach to the battles. You have to ask the Lord to help you take a more offensive position spiritually, and instead of being intimidated or discouraged by the battles, pray that you will be challenged by them and fighting and overcoming on a daily basis!
17. (Jesus:) To gain any victory, to fight through any battle, or to win any kind of war, you have to really want and desire the end result. You have to picture that result in your mind, and hold it out in front of you like a goal that you’re shooting for. With every battle there is a victory, with every struggle there is a resolution-and you need to determine what that victory and that resolution means to you and really decide and know in your heart that you want it.
18. There are a lot of battles to fight these days, and you’ll probably always be fighting one thing or another. But it’s important that you don’t resign yourself to simply enduring the battles. Battle weariness is something the Enemy is tempting many of you with. The concept of “Greater Victories" can often seem like “Greater Miseries"-that if you win this battle, well‚ you just get a bigger one, and there’s not much to look forward to in that. Don’t lose your desire to relish the fight, as your Father David taught you. Don’t face your battles figuring that you’ll just scrape by without fighting hard to move forward. It’s unacceptable to just hold your ground. You’ve got to advance, gain ground, overcome, and go on to greater victories.
19. That’s why you need to understand why you’re fighting. What you there on Earth call “battles," half the time aren’t even battles, they’re just attacks-with the Enemy doing all the attacking. It’s not truly a battle until both sides have engaged each other. If one side is doing all the attacking and the other is just sitting there, it’s more like an ambush, a rout, or even a massacre and a slaughter.
20. If you don’t have the vision of, “Look, I’m getting hit with this‚ this particular aspect of my life is making me continually miserable, but I am going to fight and overcome!" and then actually follow through and fight, then it’s no battle. It’s just you getting hit again and again and again, and there won’t really ever be a resolution in sight. You have to make it a battle; you have to decide to engage the Enemy. But to do that, you must have a goal. It’s all about sitting down and counting the cost.
21. Sometimes in the heat of a trial it can be hard to do that‚ and you don’t feel like it. Sometimes it takes a little while, or a long while of really going through the fires of testing till you get to the point that you realize that you’re going nowhere fast and that you really need to get your act together and get some victories. That’s when you need to focus on the victory so that you can truly be the fighter that you need to be.
22. It’s a question of morale in many cases. Look at all the examples throughout history of armies and nations that were defeated because their soldiers were confused, demoralized, and fighting for dubious causes. It’s no different with you. You need to look at the attack and envision your life without it, or with the victory in hand. Imagine how it would be if these things were no longer a trial for you, or if you could overcome this or that weakness, or if you could just learn to do this or that better, or give more, or yield more‚ or get healed, or come through the persecution, or have a breakthrough with your children, or whatever the positive outcome would be of the battle you’re engaged in.
23. When you think about it like that, you have something worth fighting for. You’re not just doing it because you know that you should, or because you know others think you should, but because you’re really looking at the benefits and you personally want and desire them. You’d love to be free from the attack and you’d love to have peace and victory and progress in a certain area. And even if it means that eventually if you win this fight there will be another one somewhere else, that’s okay too, because you want the victory now and you’ll trust Me for tomorrow.
24. That’s when you can claim the power of the keys in full faith, knowing that I have promised you spiritual victories. You can paint for yourself a picture of a glorious, triumphant future where the battles and attacks of today do not hinder or discourage the “you" of tomorrow. You’ll have risen above them, and even if there are new battles to fight in the future, today’s battles have been won and you’ve emerged victorious.
25. It can always be done-but you have to want it. Proper planning cannot be overemphasized in any venture, and your spiritual battles are no different. It’s like when I spoke of counting the cost before building a tower ( Luke 14:28-30 ). You think about it, you add it up, and you get a vision in your head and heart of what you want. And beyond just counting up whether you can do this or whether you can afford it, you need to count the reasons why you want to do this and how your life will be better without this or that weakness, because that will give you the motivation to see it through the tough times!
26. Believe Me, when you have that vision, it makes all the difference. Once you’re pushing forward to a personal future that you personally truly desire to attain, there’s no stopping you. I don’t have to be pushing you and prodding you to attack and to make progress, because you’re stirred up enough yourself. Once you’ve decided to halt the massacre and launch your own counterattack, then the battle is on and you’ve got yourself a fight!
27. That’s a good thing, too, and nothing to be worried about or discouraged about. There are no positives in a one-sided rout when the Devil is walking all over you. But once you’ve fully joined the fray, you have a fighting chance-and actually much more than that, because you have Me and I’m greater than any battle, enemy, weakness, mistake, or besetting sin. The game is practically over at that point, because once you really decide to get in there and hit the Enemy back harder than he’s hitting you, you have the power to overcome him, and you’re going to win!
28. This doesn’t just apply to big battles‚ either. This can even make a difference in the small bad habits that you’d like to overcome‚ or small things that tend to bug and bother you all the time. The same principle applies-imagine a future where you are free from the influence of that habit, or imagine a future where you are impervious to the irritations that used to bother you so much, and then fight for it!
29. Do I really have to sell you on using the new weapons again? Do I really have to tell you again that they are the best and surest way to gain victory? Do you know a better way? Have you had success in your battles and spiritual struggles without them? For your own sake, I highly recommend that you pull out those new weapons and use them with all your heart, mind, and strength. That’s what they’re there for.
30. You don’t have to save them for the big things, either. The new weapons are always with you, and it’s never considered an “inappropriate use of force" to pull out your biggest, “baddest" weapons to blow the smallest, weakest punks away. You can use them anytime you like. If it brings you victory, just do it. You should really know by now what weapons to use when, and which ones can help you in certain tight spots. Things like praise, claiming the keys, and focusing on the power‚ on the victory, should be ones that you can pull out in the hottest heat of any battle, or in the throes of any temptation.
31. Sometimes you have to clear your mind a little with those weapons before you feel you can hear clearly from Me and use your other weapons of prophecy, united prayer, etc. Sometimes you have to just get the Enemy off your back, and your praises to Me, your love words to Me, and the Word of God manifested via good songs, scriptures, key promises‚ etc., will always give you some breathing room and keep the Enemy at bay so that you can plan his full demise using all your other weapons.
32. Another interesting but little remembered fact about battles is that like anything else, you become “better" or more experienced in dealing with them through repeated exposure, if you choose to fight. So that’s certainly a silver lining if you feel like you’re constantly under one attack after another. Of course, the Enemy will try to make you feel that you’re only getting weaker with each successive attack and that you’re less able to cope with each new one he brings, but that’s a total lie that even contradicts commonsense knowledge of human nature.
33. There’s virtually nothing that human beings don’t improve in through practice. That’s the way you’re made. The more you do something, the better you get at it, and fighting battles is no exception. The more battles you fight and win, the more prepared you are for the next ones. Of course, if you’re hit by attack after attack from the Enemy and you’re not using your weapons or fighting back, well, yes, you are going to be weakened and wounded and probably eventually “killed" spiritually. But all you have to do to stop that cycle of weakening is choose to fight! And if you’re going to fight, you might as well learn to fight effectively!
34. You should think about that more, and take note of the ways you’re hit with battles, the ways you fight back, your progress in using the spiritual weapons, what works for you, and it will help in preparing your personal battle strategies.
35. Every battle begins with an attack. Either you’re attacking the Enemy by resolving to make progress, in which case you’re the aggressor and you can expect his counterattacks, or he’s the aggressor bringing all sorts of tests and trials and difficulties into your life, in which case you probably rock and reel for a little bit, or at least feel the initial blow. But when you’re hit, the quicker you get ahold of Me and the keys and determine to fight back and plan your counterattack, the quicker you are stabilized and are again making forward progress into the Enemy’s territory by defeating him.
36. And the more times you go through that process-attack, defend, counterattack, victory-the better you’ll get at it. You won’t “think it so strange concerning the fiery trial" quite as often ( 1Pet.4:12 ). You’ll realize that these things go in cycles, and that when you want to halt the Enemy’s advance and break the cycle from his hitting you to you hitting him, you have certain things that always work for you in doing so.
37. Much of the victory, and even strength to keep fighting‚ lies in praise, positive thinking and positive action, even when you don’t feel like it. If you’re one who feels you’re battling heavily almost all the time, you probably don’t feel like an experienced, seasoned fighter with a bag full of awesome magical tricks to use on the Enemy. You probably see yourself as a weakling, a real spiritual dodo who’s only getting hit because you must be the weakest prey. That is‚ of course, the Enemy’s spin on things, which is why you’re going to have to ask Me for faith to believe what you don’t feel.
38. Use My words to you here and quote them to yourself until you believe it, or at least act on it even if you don’t believe it. Pump yourself up and tell the Enemy: “I’m a seasoned veteran of many battles. I’ve fought you time and again, you dirty Devil, and I’ve won all those times, and I’m going to win this time too. You can’t surprise me, you can’t shock me, you can’t overwhelm me, and you most certainly can’t defeat me. I’ve felt your nasty attacks before and Jesus helped me through. I have a definite plan of attack and I’m going to engage you and your forces now, and you’ll lose just as you did before."
39. Many of you are probably thinking, “Whoa‚ that just does not sound like me! I don’t think I’ve won all that often, and I don’t know if I could say that with conviction." Well, just take it by faith and start to say it and believe it even if you don’t feel it. Because here you are, living proof that, although you’ve been through many battles, you’re not dead, you’re not useless, you’re not out of the Family, you’re not full of the Devil and his works, but you’re still here fighting the good fight for Me! If you had lost as many battles as you sometimes think you have, don’t you think you’d be someplace else? If the Enemy was truly walking all over you the way he says he is‚ don’t you think you’d be in a lot worse shape? Yes, you can do better, and that’s why I’m giving you this combat training. But nothing is ever as bad as the Enemy says it is, and you all need to realize that as soldiers, no matter how you feel, you are extremely dangerous to the Enemy‚ and you have the power to defeat him every time! He is afraid of you!
40. It’s a classic propaganda maneuver for him to be saying, “I’m winning, I’m winning! I’ve won; you’ve lost. My forces are getting stronger all the time and you’re getting weaker"-when the reality is that there are very few of him left. He’s won very little and lost a whole lot, and the little of him that’s left is just hiding out with a real big megaphone, trying to bluff his way into a better position.
41. So whether you feel it or not, know that you’ve won more often than you’ve lost, you have weapons that far outgun him, and as such, can call yourself a seasoned‚ veteran fighter-a dangerous man or woman of God who fights and “kills" Satan’s minions wherever you find them! You’re a hardcore threat to Satan’s realm, you’re on his most-wanted list, and he’s offering big rewards for your spiritual capture, dead or alive. There’s no way you’re just a weak, sick sheep that’s easy prey, or why would he expend so much effort time and again to bring you down? You’re tough, you’re mighty in the spirit, because you have Me, and because you’ve yielded and you’ve given and you’ve done your best to fight time and again.
42. And this isn’t just for a few of you. All of you, My children, look this way to the Enemy. In the spirit, that is truly how he sees you-as dangerous men and women who are true threats, not little weaklings. Let that encourage you, motivate you, and help you to walk more boldly and hold your heads high in the spirit! “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!" ( Eph.6:10 ). And why can you be strong in the spirit? Because, as the passage goes on to say‚ you’ve got all this strong armor on!
43. You’ve got the helmet of salvation, which means that you’ll always be more than a conqueror. Even if the Enemy kills your body, he can’t kill your spirit. The helmet protects your head, denoting that you can never really get fully “cut off." You’re always Mine.
44. And you have this shield that can quench every-read it again, EVERY-fiery dart of the Enemy! ( Eph.6:16 ). That shows that he’s practically impotent against you. If your faith can withstand EVERYTHING he’s got, then what can he really do to you?
45. You’ve also got a sword that cuts him to the heart. And you’ve got these keys that obliterate his schemes and attacks every time. And you’ve got your weapons of praise and loving Me, and everything else in your arsenal. Even your feet are shod with the Gospel, so he can’t even stub your toe ( Eph.6:13-17 ).
46. That kind of armament should give you confidence! That’s why you can be strong in Me and the power of My might. That’s why you can stride into the battles with some swagger and some bravado-not in the flesh, but in the spirit.
47. Physically you are weak. Carnally you are fragile. You may feel like a wimp emotionally. But spiritually you’re really, really tough! So when you’re fighting in the spirit, act tough, be tough, and show the Enemy that you’re not going to fall for a bluff or an ambush, because you know his devices, you’ve dealt with “his kind" before, and you know that you can win.
48. Some of you guys go into each battle like a little novice with a wooden sword-fearing for each step into the Enemy’s territory, almost politely asking, “Um, Mr. Devil, I’d like to‚ um, resist you. So, er, if it’s not too much trouble, could you leave … please?" Come on! The Enemy laughs, because he only has to respect your convictions and power as much as you’re willing to use them on him. It’s pathetic, really, to see you so decked out in this awesome armor, with these fearsome weapons at your side, meekly asking the Enemy to take a hike.
49. You act like little kids talking meekly to an adult, asking him only to move on “if it’s not too much trouble." You’ve gotta allow yourselves to be the spiritual warriors that you are. You guys are tough! I’ve said that before, but I want to make that point. You’re really tough warriors in the spirit, and if you’d just realize how strong your armor is and how powerful your weapons are, there’d be no more of that weak and meek act. You’d stride up to him like the weakling that he is‚ tower over him, point your biggest gun right in his face and say, “Beat it, Punk!" I guarantee he’s going to be the one running off with a “sorry‚ sir‚ I didn’t realize this was your territory" kind of expression on his face!
50. So get tough on crime! Get tough on the Enemy! Be strong in the spirit like you have the potential to be. Be strong in My might. And you’ll just have to deal with the fact that there are going to be battles and there are going to be rough spots. But when you visualize that victory and can almost taste the sweetness of triumph‚ you’re not going to mind. You’re going to push your way through as many enemies as dare step in your path so that you can have a better, richer life, more free of the Enemy’s attacks, more full of Me and less of Satan. That’s something worth fighting for!
If you choose to fight, you will make it!
- With all the changes taking place in the Family, the certainty of more to come, and the increased spiritual battles on top of it, many of you have been tempted to feel that if you’re struggling this much already, how are you going to make it in the future. I think the answer is found in these motivating messages from the Lord. One big reason you’ve been struggling so much is that you haven’t been fighting effectively and using all the firepower that is at your disposal.
52. The Lord’s promise is as true as ever, “My grace is sufficient for thee" ( 2Cor.12:9 ). He has given us what we need to be victorious. We have the Word in great abundance, and we know that the Word, combined with obedience and humility, is the secret to remaining strong in the spirit. We have spiritual weapons which are more powerful than we can imagine, and are capable of keeping us through any attack-and if you use them right, they’ll not just keep you, but they will defeat the Enemy, that is certain.
53. But our spiritual weapons do require effort and sacrifice to wield them effectively. You do have to fight. You have to make that choice repeatedly. That’s where it gets personal, because it’s a question of whether or not you will choose to use them. But if you do, if you choose to harness the spiritual power that’s available to you, it doesn’t matter how you feel or don’t feel-the Enemy cannot win, and you will not be defeated! Listen to these promises from our Husband for today, and be encouraged! 54. (Jesus:) Many feel that they do not have what it takes, that they might not make it in My Family of the future, but they are still fighting and holding on and trusting Me for the changes I am asking of them and trying their best to keep in step with Me. These are the ones who will make it, because they have the faith to keep going no matter what I ask of them. They have the faith that I can help them to make the changes needed, that I will anoint them to grow and learn and move forward, no matter how impossible it might seem. They trust in the spirit world, in the new weapons, not just in theory, but in a personal way.
55. (Question:) This seems a little contradictory, Lord, that some people feel they might not make it, but at the same time they have the faith to keep going and that You’ll help them make it. Can You please explain more?
56. (Jesus:) The key to knowing whether or not you have faith is not in the “feeling" but in the “doing." If someone feels like they don’t have what it takes, and they’re not doing anything about it-they’re not fighting in the spirit, they’re not really trusting Me, and they’re not moving forward-then they may not make it. If they’re just holding on for the sake of holding on but not really fighting, of course they’re not going to make it. But those who feel like they can’t make it, but who are doing what they can-fighting, obeying, overcoming, trusting‚ and doing their part-then they will make it. There’s no doubt about that.
57. Faith is not something felt. Most people who have strong faith don’t feel like they do. So not feeling as if you have faith doesn’t mean your faith is shaky. You don’t go by your feelings. You go by the facts. You are not strong because you feel strong. You are strong because you obey, because you fight‚ because you overcome, because you are willing to keep moving forward for Me. So this is not contradictory. (End of message.)
- (Jesus:) Few people feel they can make it or have what it takes. Most people feel like a mess on a daily basis. But your connection with Me and your desperation with Me is what will give you the faith to keep going, and therefore, you will make it.
59. You might think the Family is great, but that because I have upped the standard, you’re too weak to make it. You’re right in this thinking in one sense-you are weak. But it’s not right that you can’t make it if you choose to fight and yield and forsake and do whatever it takes.
60. You, My brides, need to continue to shed the weights, to take on the new garments of My Spirit, and as you do, you will continue to move forward. Neither your age nor your past nor your weaknesses will hinder you or hold you back if you’re willing to let go of them and take on My new anointing.
61. Some of you, both My FGA and SGA brides, think that maybe you too will fall by the wayside. The Enemy’s voice is always telling you that maybe with the next move of My Spirit, or with the next requirement which you find difficult, or with that thing that you have a hard time yielding to‚ or that new change I am asking of you-that maybe this will be the last straw that will cause you to faint. You know you’re weak. This is something that experience has taught you, that you truly are weak and can’t do anything without Me. So the Enemy’s temptation to fear failure is not easy to brush off. But you also know that the wise disciple keeps his connection with Me strong, and that this is the only safeguard and guarantee of success.
62. You have to put your trust in Me and My promises, and be convinced that what I say, I am able to perform-even through weak vessels such as you. The wise will fight to keep their link with Me no matter what, because they know that I will keep them through everything, and give them the faith and anointing to do My will.
63. The power of our personal connection one with another is still as great as ever. It doesn’t matter what I say, or what new moves I ask of you, or how radical or drastic My will may be at any given time-your faith to believe and act on My will is not affected by what I ask of you. You can still do whatever I ask of you, regardless of age, personality, experience, sex, natural talent or lack of it, etc. Regardless of what new moves of the spirit I see fit to bring your way-you can be a part of it all.
64. I will never ask you to do something that you can’t do. I know your frame, your mind, your weaknesses-everything-and I know what you can do through My power and anointing.
65. The key is still the same, My loves. It has to be you leaning completely on Me for the strength, the faith, the vision, and all that you need to do My will. And that faith comes from a very close and personal connection with Me. Without that connection, you will falter and possibly fail. But if you’re wise and faithful to guard your connection, there is nothing that I will ask of you that you cannot do.
With great honor come great tests!
- (Jesus:) In this time of restructuring and strengthening‚ I’m bringing things into each person’s life. But only those who truly open up to Me will be strengthened. Only those who make a conscious decision to forsake all-and keep forsaking all in spirit every day-will receive the great renewing that I want to give. For some it will be relationships, for others it will be their reputation, for others it will be attitudes and whole mindsets. For everyone there is something.
67. In order to receive great honor, you must pass through great tests. And you, the children of David, are destined to receive the greatest honor ever bestowed on anyone. You will be My shining lights in the deepest darkness. You will endure to the End and receive the crown of life. You will live the fulfillment of the prophecies given throughout time. You will be My men and women of faith who will do exploits. You will help the Gospel be preached in every nation, and before kings and governors‚ before hungry crowds and before raging mobs. You will bring many to Me, and your witness will be greater than any who have gone before you.
68. Because of this, My loves, you must face great tests of preparation. I must purge the world from your hearts and spirits. I must humble you and teach you what it means to be fully dependent on Me. The truth has not changed that I can only use broken men and women.
69. The days are coming when you will rejoice, when you will look back with praise and thankfulness that I saw fit to humble you that I might use you. The days are coming when you will have the desires of your heart fulfilled. The days are coming when you will be able to relax in the spirit and enjoy your reward. But those days aren’t here yet, so think it not strange concerning the fiery trials that will purge and purify you. They are all a part of My love for you, and they will make you white.
Welcome the battles, for they are your teachers
- (Jesus:) This year has been a year of battles on all fronts. As I’ve told you, attacks of the Enemy and battles will become an increased part of your life the more you go into the Endtime. The Enemy is fighting My will for the future of the Family, and that is the bottom line why there are so many battles in the spirit and why many of you are feeling the heat.
71. If you think you’re going through battles-and you are-you should see the warfare in the spirit world right now! Many of you are fighting intense battles-whether ministry related, health related, in your personal life, concerning your family, or concerning your spiritual walk with Me-and some of you are fighting on more than one front.
72. I want to tell you right now, My loves, it’s not because you don’t have what it takes and you’re failing. That is not the reason for the spiritual warfare that you’re in and for the battles on your doorstep.75. Yes‚ there are battles. Many of you are struggling and fighting with everything you’ve got, and you might be tempted to wonder what the point is while you’re in hand-to-hand combat with the Enemy. You might wonder if it’s really getting you anywhere and making a difference. Believe Me that it is making a huge difference‚ because with every battle fought and every victory won, you’re a stronger, wiser, more fearsome adversary.
76. One day, every single battle you’ve fought, every tear you’ve shed, and every hour of midnight oil you’ve burned is going to help someone else to make it. Your battle wounds really will glow and will encourage others to keep fighting to the victory. Right now you have your ministry, you work hard, you help to reach the lost, and I’m proud of each one of you for your faithfulness and dedication. But this is not the end, My loves. The Family of the future is just unfolding; the new Family is just beginning to emerge. The Family is going through its stage of metamorphosis. It’s struggling to shed the old weights and take on the new and beautiful wings of the future.
77. Each one of you will be part of that future. Today’s battles are preparing you, they are helping you to mature and become the yielded, open, and ready vessels that I will need to do My will.
78. So don’t fear today’s lessons and trials, but welcome them, because they are your teachers. Drink in the counsel that I share with you, absorb and learn all you can, and know that all of it will benefit you. You will be better equipped for the near future and your work‚ as well as for the days ahead. This is My love for you, to help you, to encourage you, to give you the spiritual and practical input that you need, to give you answers and the help you desire.
79. I have ordained the battles you are facing‚ but I have also provided the answers, the help, and the training that you need to overcome. As you are strengthened, you will be able to strengthen others. As you win victories, you will have faith to help others win the victories they need and point them to Me for the answers.
80. Imagine a future world of darkness where so many are fearful to even step outside the boundaries of the System, and imagine what light you will carry to lead them to the truth. I have plans for each one of you, and right now the plan is to train you, to equip you for your future roles. Study well, train well, so that you are prepared to do warfare for Me and help to usher in My Kingdom on Earth.
The key of determination!
- (Jesus:) I have given you many tools at your disposal: the keys, heavenly thought power‚ the power of praise that defeats the Enemy in any battle. The battle rages hot and heavy, and will continue to increase in severity. However, as you employ these weapons, you will continue to stand strong against the Enemy. You will not be overcome. You will not be defeated.
82. Many of My brides look at fighting the Enemy in the wrong way. When they are attacked and besieged by him, they brandish their weapons, and if they don’t see instant or immediate results, they grow weary and begin to cower. This is not how a war is fought and won. You have the weapons in your hand that have the power to totally destroy the Enemy’s power. The only thing lacking is the determination and willpower to use them.
83. I hold the key of determination in My hand, and I wish to give it to the children of David. This key will be instrumental in fighting the Enemy, and overcoming‚ and being successful. This key enables you to fight on when you don’t feel like it. It keeps you from giving up and surrendering to defeat. This key of determination gives you the strength to persevere-not to give up, but to continue fighting till you see victory.86. To defeat the Enemy in these Last Days, each of you‚ My brides, must pray for and claim the keys for a fighting spirit-one that refuses to give up, and fights on to full and final victory! This, along with wielding the spiritual weapons that I have given you, is what will successfully defeat the Enemy’s attacks in every area of your lives.
87. Often when faced with a battle, instead of looking on it as an attack of the Enemy, you are too quick to write it off as My will, or as how things happen, or something that you can pray about sometime in the future‚ but that will only change provided it is My will.
88. It is My will that the Enemy does not exact upon you! It is always My will that you fight him-heart, soul‚ mind, body and strength. It is never My will for My brides to be overrun by Satan and his imps. My will is that My brides fight the Enemy with all the determination that they possess! Even if they do not possess much, they can claim the key of determination and be filled with staying power to continue to fight.
89. This desire in the hearts of My brides to want to defeat the Enemy is lacking in many cases. However, I have it, and I want to give this fighting spirit to any of My children who so desire. Those who ask in faith, believing, will receive.
90. Through the keys of determination you can do it, make it, lift the load, go the distance, uphold the standard, and accept and use your anointing. For the power is not yours, but rather the awesome, world-changing, never-ending, all-encompassing power of the keys.
- (Question:) How can we stay a step ahead of the Enemy in the battles we face? 92. (Jesus:) The first step to take to stay a step ahead of the Enemy is to praise! It seems so simple, and almost “too easy," but in reality it’s one of the most advanced spiritual weapons you can use.
93. When you’re praising, the Enemy simply can’t come near you. When you’re praising, he can’t get you down-no matter what. Even if I allow him to attack, which I sometimes do, you’ll be on My wavelength, and I will easily be able to show you what to do in an instant.
94. When you’re praising, your spiritual and physical bubble of protection is fortified; you’re under the shelter of My wings‚ and can have perfect peace and freedom, knowing that you’re doing your part and I’m in control.
95. When you’re praising, you’re automatically one step ahead of the Enemy, because you’re invading his spiritual territory and he has to flee from you‚ rather than the other way around.
96. Another proactive step you can take is for each person and Home to ask Me to show you personally how to stay a step ahead of the Enemy. I can show each Home and individual how the Enemy specifically plans to attack you-whether it’s through persecution, accidents, emergencies, spiritual attacks, sickness, etc.
97. That way, you and your Home can then pray specifically against the particular attacks the Enemy is planning to use against you, and destroy and nullify his plans before they are able to take shape and turn into full-scale attacks. You will be able to prepare accordingly and take steps to strengthen yourselves, your children‚ your sheep, friends and contacts, your Home and possessions, etc.
99. Those who ask Me specifically how to go on the attack and keep the Enemy on the defensive, as well as how to strengthen themselves and preempt the Enemy’s attacks, will be stronger. I will make you “moving targets" and it will be very difficult for the Enemy’s attacks to succeed in hindering or hurting your works, spiritual lives, or you, in any way, shape, or form.
100. But when My children are complacent, lazy, and feel that “all things continue as they were," they stop seeking Me with the same desperation and start moving slower, making them easier targets for the Enemy.102. As you, My children of David, grow and mature and become the shepherds I need you to be, you will learn to be more like your king and queen, and look ahead, and get ahold of Me for direction. You need to learn how to look beyond the immediate needs of today, to plan and prepare and be strengthened for the future.
103. As you grow into the mentality of looking outward‚ reaching forward, and seeking to progress, asking Me about the future and how to best prepare and attack, what to put your efforts and energies into now in order to be prepared for where I’m taking you and what battles you’ll face, huge leaps of forward progress will be made!
104. Learning and applying this principle of looking ahead and asking Me to forewarn you and help you to be prepared and preempt the Enemy’s attacks, will tremendously strengthen you as a body and help to turn the tide of the war, putting you in charge, in front, and sending the Enemy reeling away in fear to regroup, re-plan, and recover from the ferocious assaults he will be receiving on all fronts.
Wimp or warrior?
- The Lord brings out a point in this next message that is crucial for you to understand. We are a Family, a marriage, and we stand by one another in the battles. We should be and are willing to fight to the death for one of our mates and loved ones. That’s good, and that’s the way it should be. But each of you also has to learn to be a fighter yourself.
106. When you can fight, you must! Other-wise, no matter how much your loved ones come to your rescue, you’re not going to grow stronger in the battle against the Enemy. I think some of you have been so cared for and prayed over and protected that you’ve become a bit spoiled‚ to the point that now you’re surprised when the Lord expects you to go into hand-to-hand combat yourself. But that’s often what the Lord requires, and the better you get at it, the quicker the victories come. So buckle up and fight, folks!
107. (Jesus:) I have asked you to learn to use the new weapons with greater skill and frequency. I have given you all the information you need through the weapon manual of My Word. These weapons are capable of mass destruction of the Enemy, and this is exactly what you need, because during these Last Days the Enemy will come at My children in greater numbers and with greater firepower than the world has ever known!
108. Sometimes it’s easy for you‚ My brides, to forget that these weapons of the spirit are just that: Weapons! They are to be used in combat to devastate the Enemy.
109. So when I say you should use the weapon of praise, I mean you’ll want to use it to actually fight and wound the Enemy. Refuse to take any more punishment, and instead take the battle to the Enemy.
110. When I say you should use the weapon of loving Me intimately, then I want you to use it to specifically counter the Enemy’s attacks. If loving Me intimately is the last thing you feel like doing, then that’s all the more reason to do it, and the victory will actually be greater and more damaging to the Enemy in the end.
111. When I ask you to use the weapon of prayer, I don’t just mean praying more often, but that you should be asking for prayer from others and getting down on your prayer bones when you are besieged. I want you to rebuke the Devil and his specific demons and imps by name. Get loud and angry at the Enemy if you need to.
112. When I ask you to use the keys, I mean that you should go on the offensive and hit the Enemy with the keys even before he has a chance to strike at you. Intersperse barrages of keys and key promises at the Enemy in your prayer and praise, and he will be overwhelmed.
113. When you use your weapons I want you to flaunt them in the face of the Enemy! Tell him you recognize you’re being attacked and that you are about to hit him hard with a specific weapon. For example, “Satan, I know these discouraging thoughts are attacks from you and your imps, and I will have nothing of it. I rebuke you right now in the power of the keys, and I want you to know that I’m going to keep sending key-power missiles your way to defeat you. I’m also going to go right now and ask for prayer, at which time I will rebuke you by name in the presence of others. Then, when I’m done, I’m going to fill my mind and mouth with so much praise you’ll run screaming!"
114. The Enemy has upped his offensive against My children, and so the only way to win is to do the same to him. A counterattack with My new weapons is the only way to get a quick and complete victory. And it has to be your own decision to use these weapons or they simply won’t be effective enough. In other words, you can’t just sit there in the depths of despair wondering why your shepherd or your mate isn’t noticing you and fighting your battles for you.
115. Yes, you need the help and support of your shepherds and your brethren, but you have to choose to fight yourself. It’s not enough to say you’re discouraged and then wallow in it until someone comes and encourages you. That may give you a temporary victory, but you can be sure the Enemy will be back and will pummel you further, unless you yourself have enough courage, humility, and faith to get up and fight the battle of your mind and heart.
116. You might benefit from the supporting fire of your brethren and shepherds, but you’re the one who has to charge into the ranks of the Enemy in a violent craze, swinging your weapon at any imp stupid enough to get in your way! Are you a wimp or a warrior?
Tips for becoming a conqueror!
- (Jesus:) When you’re a soldier fighting a war, which you, My disciples‚ are in spirit, there are always going to be battles. It’s a fact of life, and a very prominent one. When faced with it, as you are now, you can do one of three things: You can truly embrace it as your calling, become a professional and proficient fighter, train with your weapons, become the best you can possibly be, and even learn to love the fight. Or you can be a mediocre soldier and “get by" and stay alive for a while, using your weapons, perhaps some fully and perhaps some only to their minimal use, fighting battles, winning some, and losing some. Or you can decide that a soldier’s life is not for you, and quit, leave the army, and do something else with your life.
118. If the Family is going to make the advances it needs to make on the Enemy’s territory in this year of strengthening, and if you’re going to fight to win, and truly defeat him‚ then you’ve got to be the best type of soldier‚ what I would call an “A+" soldier-a professional, a skilled new weapons wielder, and a warrior who enters wholeheartedly and unreservedly into the fight, giving it all they’ve got, fighting for all they’re worth! To be an “A+" type soldier, here are the main attitudes, actions, and training courses you need to embrace:
119. -You need to be fully persuaded that that’s your calling, and you need to think of your calling as a soldier, proactively and aggressively, rather than defensively. You’ve got to understand that as a Family disciple you’re not part of a defense force, but an aggressive invading force. There is a time and place to be part of the defense force, and that level of skill and that mentality may have served you in the past, but it’s no longer enough. You can’t just defend your territory; you have to aggressively conquer your Enemy’s territory. That is what lies before you. That is the challenge you face. That is the commitment that you are making as a soldier.
120. -You need to actively train in the use of the new weapons I’ve given you. To actively train doesn’t mean to only use them when you are in a bind, or when you get around to them, or to use a few of them, or to only use the ones you like best. It means that you take a good, hard look at each weapon, one by one, and determine whether or not you truly know how to use it and are well practiced in using it. If you’re not, then you’ve got to work‚ train, and practice, until you can say that, yes, you know this weapon and you can use it the way it was meant to be used.
121. These weapons are spiritual and not fleshly‚ but to effectively use them, your flesh has to get very involved! You have to take positive physical action. You may be weak in your use of a number of the new weapons, and if you are, it may seem overwhelming to become proficient in all of them at once; so if you find yourself in that position, then take one at a time and focus on it‚ making a weak point into a strong point. Pray about specific positive and proactive steps that you can take to develop your use of that new weapon-to understand its importance, to study the Word about it, to integrate it into your daily life until it becomes a part of you.
122. I have reiterated this principle over and over in the Word, but some people have still not mastered the use of a few or many of the new weapons, because you have lacked the aggressiveness of spirit to do so. You have thought that when you really “needed" that particular weapon, you’d use it then. Or you dabbled in it, trying it out and seeing if you could do it, so to speak, but either didn’t really make it a part of you or discover its full use and potential.
123. Granted, you may not discover the “full use" of these new weapons for some time to come, because it takes time, training‚ and strengthening your faith. And even if you’re doing all the right things and aren’t being negligent, learning about the new weapons is a step-by-step process, and as you go along, I will always be showing you new things, giving you new tips and tricks, etc. But if you aren’t at least trying and fighting to discover the potential of the weapon, if you’re content to just use one or two of its features, you’re not going to get very far.
124. -When you’re faced with a spiritual battle, learn to take the offensive and aggressive approach of bombarding your spiritual Enemy with as many of the weapons at your disposal as you can! Blast the hell out of him by giving him no escape and leaving nothing to chance! Don’t be content to just use one or two weapons and wistfully hope it “does the trick," or resign yourself to a long, drawn-out and protracted struggle. Each of the spiritual weapons that I’ve given you are powerful enough that they can do serious damage to the Enemy. But you don’t want to just inflict damage; you want to obliterate him and his presence and put down his forces completely! So use all the weapons you can, each time. For example, when you’re fighting in prayer for needed changes, supply, victories, or progress, use all the weapons available. Use not only prayer, but use the keys, use praise, use the Word, use our intimate loving relationship, use the spirit helpers I’ve given you.
125. -Don’t wait for the Enemy to attack you-attack him! This means different things for different people in different situations, but it’s an overall change of mindset and approach that many of you need to have. Sometimes you can see a battle “looming" in the distance or sense it’s coming; it could be anything from a battle in the form of persecution to a battle in the form of jealousy.
126. You’ve been in the fighting business a long time, and many of you are attuned enough to sense when a battle is coming before it actually hits. When you get that feeling, what do you do about it? Unfortunately, many of you wait until it hits full force, until the Enemy is right there in your face whapping and walloping you, and then you fight back. Well‚ stop fighting back and fight first! Be the one to deliver the initial blows! Get on top of your battle from the start.
127. You may not completely forestall his attack, although in some cases if you head him off at the pass, he won’t even bother to fight you because it’s not worth the struggle-and you’ve already won! In other cases, you’ll still have to fight the battle, and it may even be a very tough battle, but because you were the aggressor, because you gained the upper hand, you will be surer to win, and win more quickly. It feels great to be the one on top, the one with the advantage on your side-and the aggressor always has that advantage. You’ll come to love this feeling more and more, and you’ll get better and better at sensing where the need is‚ where the next battle will be‚ and taking the lead and taking charge in starting the attack.
128. I want you, the children of David‚ to learn to be the aggressors, not merely defenders. That’s your calling and that’s My commission to you. I don’t want you to just protect yourselves and fight back when the Enemy and his imps and those he influences on Earth attack you. I want you to lead the way, to be the attackers, the conquerors‚ the overcomers!
129. If you really study and meditate on the truths in this message, and go back to the Word for more study on these principles of fighting; if you take the challenge seriously to get intimate with your new weapons and learn their ins and outs and wield them proficiently; if you can take on the mindset of an aggressor and conqueror rather than a counterattacker or defender, then you, the children of David, will win the battles that lie ahead of you, and you will conquer, defeat‚ set back, and completely rout your adversary and all that he will send your way. He will really bring it on, but you will be ready, prepared, fighting, and victorious!
130. You’re at war, and even though you’re on the attack and learning to be the aggressors, your Enemy also knows that, and he’s not going to make it easy. He’s upping his guard as well so as not to be caught sleeping by your attacks. Taking the initiative and getting the upper hand is not going to be as straightforward or smooth as you might think, or as you might like.
131. Basically, there’s nothing easy about being a soldier and fighting battles and winning wars. But it’s your calling, your destiny, as the children of David‚ and if you’re going to have to do it anyway, don’t you think you might as well make the best of it, learn to do it as well as it can be done, and even learn to enjoy it?
132. That should be your goal, your focus, and what you live and breathe and fight for every day. Be a soldier! Be a conqueror! Be an aggressor who scares the Enemy to death at the mere thought of you!-Not because you’re so great in yourself, but because you are a channel of the full power of God through your use of the powerful and undefeatable weapons He has entrusted to your hands.
Weapon focus: Love, Unity, Trust, and Selflessness = Weapon of Brotherhood
- Throughout this series of GNs, I’ll share with you counsel from the Lord about each of the spiritual weapons and how we can be using them more offensively. The Lord showed us that the first weapon He wanted to focus on was the weapon of love, unity, trust, and selflessness (a four-in-one weapon which He has sometimes called the weapon of love and unity, or the weapon of trust, love, and unity), because it is crucial to be using it effectively as you’re building your winning teams.134. (Jesus:) Striving for unity, trust, and selflessness between so many people can at times seem like a tremendous amount of work‚ or worse yet, something you’d just rather not have to deal with at all. It takes time, effort, humility, hearing from Me and putting into practice the things I show you‚ sacrifice, yieldedness, and more. Many of you are content to “keep the peace" and consider that you have good unity if there aren’t disagreements, arguments, or misunderstandings. You don’t usually think of a weapon when you think of love, unity, trust, and selflessness.
135. The fact of the matter is that it is a weapon-one of the prime weapons that will help you to make disciples of all nations! Everyone is looking for love-true, genuine, selfless, caring, divine love. It is the ingredient most lacking in the world today‚ and yet one of the greatest needs of mankind. Not everyone is searching for “truth" or for Me, but no one can deny that they are yearning for true love. Many have given up hope of ever finding it, or no longer even believe it exists, but when they see it, they have to sit up and take notice.137. But because it’s one of the most important aspects of your sample, the Enemy fights it viciously, relentlessly, and makes it seem like a difficulty and a drag to have to maintain, instead of the gift, weapon, and wonderful miracle it really is. Because of that, it’s something you have to fight for with all your might, and an area you have to commit to making regular progress in.
138. Building strong bonds of love, unity, trust, and selflessness takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight. It’s also an area that you have to keep growing and moving forward in on a permanent basis in order to remain a cutting-edge disciple. It has to be high on your list of priorities, and something you make specific time for on a regular basis.
139. Making time to work on your love for and unity with your brethren on a regular basis is the first step. It should be a part of your life as a disciple just like other spiritual things you take time for, like prayer vigil and praise time. It’s that important.
140. As a Home, making time for regular communication is something you will have to schedule or make a priority; it won’t just happen. And when I say “communication" in this case, I don’t mean communicating about the work, or the children‚ or the finances, or the scheduling-I mean communicating deeply, taking time to listen to others, getting to know each person in your Home, and taking time to love each other.
141. There are so many ways to do it; some are simple and require little in the way of time‚ effort, and preparation. Others take a little more prayer, planning, and thought, but are certainly worth it just the same. I’ll give you a list of questions you can ask yourself that will give you ideas of how you can reach out, move toward greater unity, and hone your skills with this weapon.
142. Don’t feel bad if you’re not fulfilling all of these. This is the ideal and it’s something to strive for, but not something to let the Enemy condemn you over! These are tips you can apply as you make a push to use this weapon more expertly, but don’t feel overwhelmed and discouraged if you fall short of this‚ because all men do. This is something to help you know how to do better! Just take them one at a time‚ and ask Me about them, and I’ll help you!
§ Do I take time on a regular basis to ask the Lord what steps I should be taking to reach out, love without partiality, build unity, etc.? Do I follow through with what the Lord shows me?
§ Do I know each person in my Home well?-Their likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, desires, dreams‚ etc.?
§ Do I have good habits of hugging people and taking time for them throughout the day as our paths cross, even when I’m very busy?
§ Do I try to make others’ birthdays special, fun, and meaningful, no matter who they are?
§ Do I go out of my way to lighten others’ loads on a regular basis by praying for them, encouraging them, helping them with their work when they need it, and doing my very best to make it easy for them to be good in every way?
§ If I hear that someone in my Home is unwell or afflicted, do I take the time to check on them, to make sure they have what they need, to pray earnestly and regularly for them?
§ If someone doesn’t show up for a meal or doesn’t come to a united activity, do I notice and see if they might need something?
§ If someone looks sad or needs encouragement, what do I do about it?
§ Do I give others the benefit of the doubt and assume the best when misunderstandings or difficulties arise?
§ Do I specifically make a point of praying extra for and going way out of my way to be helpful and encouraging to others in my Home who are bothering me or in some way seem to not be doing so well, or having a bad day?
§ Do I take personal responsibility when I know someone has a need-to pray for them, to help fill the need in any way I can?
§ Do I feel personally responsible and burdened when those around me are going through rough times, suffering afflictions, etc.? Do I then actively do something to help?
§ Do I strive to think positively about and work extra hard on learning to get along and work well with those I don’t naturally click with?
§ Do I open my life and heart to my teammates by sharing my heart, being open and honest, and asking for prayer or help when I need it?
§ Do I handle others’ hearts carefully, lovingly, wisely, and prayerfully when they take the step to share them with me?
§ Do I refrain from gossip in all forms?
§ Do I consider love, unity, unselfishness, and reaching out to others in need an essential part of my duty as a disciple?
§ When misunderstandings, difficulties in communication, or personality clashes arise, do I make it my first priority to hear from the Lord about it and do whatever it takes to restore unity?
§ Am I quick to both apologize and forgive?
§ Do I regularly look for ways to give more, help more, and reach out more to my Family?
§ Is our Home schedule organized in such a way that we get to spend quality fellowship time together on a regular basis, such as during united meals, times of communion and spiritual fellowship other than devotions/required meetings, etc.?
§ Do we make time to relax together and enjoy each other’s company on a regular basis? Of course, it’s understandable that there’s a lot of work to be done. But when we can relax or when we’re done with our work, do we automatically default to our own rooms and spaces or do we take time with each other?
§ Does everyone in our Home participate in some way with the children’s care and training on a regular basis?
§ Do we as a Home look forward to united activities and gatherings? Do we put enough prayer, hearing from the Lord, and planning into our fellowship times so that they are all that they can be as far as being inspiring, fun, uniting, and meaningful?
§ When there is a need for extra help in the Home (such as filling in a dish slot for someone who is sick or out), do we all jump in to fill it?
§ Does each individual in our Home feel loved, happy, secure, wanted, cared about personally, and like an integral part of our team?
§ Do we spend quality time fellowshipping with the other Homes in our area on a regular basis?
§ Do we as a Home make the effort to reach out to lend a hand to other Homes in our area when we know they need it?
§ How often do we take the time to do something nice for the other Homes in our area just because we love them and they’re part of our greater Family?
§ Do we reach out to the children from other Homes, inviting them over to do fun, meaningful activities with our children?
143. If you’re doing these things‚ you’re working toward sharpening your “love and unity" weapon. If you’re doing these things, chances are you’re making many other good choices in life as well, so you’re receiving My blessings and protection.
144. When you’re doing these things, you release the power of Heaven to empower your team to fulfill My will. I am then able to pour down My blessings, ideas, solutions‚ supply, and miracles. To effectively win the battles for the souls of men to turn them into disciples for Me, you need this “love and unity" weapon.
145. So whenever things start to get difficult on this score‚ remind yourself that this weapon is vital to winning the world and making disciples of all nations for Me! It’s a weapon you’ve got to use if you want to fulfill that vision.
146. This weapon of love and unity, when used effectively, also shields you as a Home and individuals from so many of the Enemy’s attacks. They’re absolutely harmless to you, because you’re protected and shielded through the power of love and unity and trust and selflessness. It’s more than worth the cost‚ and you will see immediate blessings as you put it to use. As you form these good habits, you’ll be hooked on the “love" lifestyle that is an integral part of the Family of the future.
147. (Jesus:) The beauty of the weapon of love, unity, trust, and selflessness is that its power is cumulative. The more you use it, the more others around you are apt to use it; and the more they use it, the more powerful your attack on the Enemy’s territory becomes.
148. Love, unity, trust, and selflessness have been around for a long, long time, and they are not “new weapons" per se. However, when combined into a single assault, love, unity, trust, and selflessness form a weapon that can do massive damage to Enemy lines. It is truly a weapon of mass destruction that has potential to decimate the Enemy and utterly thwart his plans, especially when used offensively.
149. It would probably help many of you to use a single term for this weapon, and if you want to shorten the name from “love, unity, trust, and selflessness," I suggest you call it the “weapon of brotherhood." It is a multi-weapon. You can liken it to a tank or a heavily armored combat vehicle, one that carries cannons and guns and is capable of shooting several weapons at a time. This combat vehicle is multifaceted, just as the weapon of brotherhood is multifaceted and is mounted with love, unity, trust, and selflessness. You can call it whatever you want, though, because what matters is that when you, My brides, are actively working to enhance unity and going out of your way to live unselfishly, you are taking the battle to the Enemy and wiping out his ability to attack.
150. The Enemy just loves to attack your unity. He loves to throw a monkey wrench into your Home, causing dissension, hurt feelings, mistrust and selfishness. He has legions of demons, including the Selvegion and the demons of division, working full-time to find a crack in the wall of unity. They whisper thoughts of mistrust about other brethren and try their best to blow problems and personality differences way, way out of proportion. This is one of the Enemy’s primary tactics, and he has devoted much manpower-or rather demon power-to these attacks.
151. Once disunity, mistrust, and selfishness have set in, the battle to restore unity, trust‚ and selflessness can be long and hard. But a lot of that can be avoided if you as an individual and as a Home are launching surprise attacks against Satan’s minions by actively striving toward greater brotherhood through love, unity‚ trust and selflessness.
152. What I’m saying is that rather than striving toward greater brotherhood only when the cords of brotherhood have been loosened or broken, you should be constantly looking for ways to strengthen your unity, avoid mistrust‚ live unselfishly, and manifest love for one another.
153. It would help for you to understand what “brotherhood" means. Think of a group of soldiers who’ve fought a long, hard campaign together, for example. They’ve lost friends, been wounded, saved one another’s lives, laughed together, cried together, and felt fear together. At the end of this intense military campaign, the little personality quirks and annoyances seem so insignificant when compared to the unity and love they now have for one another. Many of these soldiers became friends for life-something that may have never happened under normal, more comfortable circumstances where the little personality issues, pride, and a class-based society are so much more prominent.
154. So the best way for you to enhance your brotherhood is to fight side by side in the trenches. When I ask you to be your brother’s keeper, I don’t just mean you should be chiding them when they are in the wrong, but you should be actively seeking out ways to help one another through your spiritual and physical battles, and to be comforting and praying for one another regularly.
155. There are lots of other practical ways to enhance unity, such as having united meetings, loving times of fellowship and laughter and singing and praise to Me. You can gain trust through loving honesty. You can live unselfishly and show your love in practical ways, and all of the above will help you to use the weapon of brotherhood offensively. But there is no greater way to utilize the power than to learn to fight together. There is just no better way, because supporting one another in battle brings out a very special depth of love, unity, trust and selflessness that seriously impedes the military abilities of the Enemy.
156. So learn to fight together by praying, comforting, and loving each other through the battles, whatever they may be, and you can be sure you’ll win one decisive victory after another.
Experts you can call on!
- Another feature of these “Art of War" GNs is that with each new weapon we focus on, we’re going to ask the Lord which spirit helpers we can call on to help us in this area. Then you can be practicing using the various types of firepower the Lord has made available to us in conjunction with each other: calling on the keys, asking for the help of the appropriate spirit helpers, and taking the practical steps of using your spiritual weapons at the same time. We know we have the Salvay to call on against the Selvegion. In addition to the Salvay, the Lord revealed another powerful band of spirit beings who are at our service in this area.
158. (Jesus:) The spirit helpers ordained to help you use the weapon of brotherhood are the Cathars. It’s true that, because love is such an integral part of My spirit world and the basis for so many things in Heaven, many spirit helpers are available to help you in this respect. But if you want those who are the guardians of this weapon of brotherhood, they are the Cathars.
159. The Cathars of the spirit realm are a spiritual entity. There is a link between them and the religious group, the Cathars, who lived in Europe in the 1200s‚ but that doesn’t mean that every person who belonged to the Cathars on Earth was a mighty spirit being inhabiting a human body, because this is not the case. But all the Cathars of the spiritual realm took time to come to Earth and live a human life in order to be better trained to fulfill their mission.
160. Before their mission to Earth, each Cathar was ordained as a protector of the weapon of brotherhood. From the foundations of Creation they guarded it, and it was necessary to send them to this world to give them the added experience they needed in order to return to their posts in Heaven and do an even better job in the future.
161. Because of their experiences on Earth, they obtained knowledge and experience that would help them in this day when love has waxed so cold that the hearts of many barely know love. Families are torn, relationships are divided, divorce is at an all-time high, wars rage, and poverty and cruelty plague the world. The lack of love in the world today is a true fulfillment of that prophecy.
162. To them I have given great power. But their power is not violent or aggressive; they instead inspire and invoke love in the hearts of those who call on their help. They are like farmers in spirit. They plant the seeds of love and unity, they water them, and they cause it to grow in your heart till it blossoms and spreads outward to others.
163. The ones to call on when you need more love are the Cathars of the spiritual realm-guardians of love. They will cause your spirits to be filled to overflowing with love, which will repel the Selvegion and all the spirits of disunity. Pan cannot withstand this power‚ for though it is a soothing balm of love and forgiveness to you, to him it is an acid that burns, and he cannot endure it, so he leaves you alone.
164. These Cathars are the caretakers of the weapon of love, unity, trust and selflessness, or as I have called it, the weapon of brotherhood. They are assigned to aid as many as they can in its use in the purity of the Spirit. They are able to work through the children of David far more than most in these times because of your desire to make full use of this weapon. The spiritual Cathars have been with Me from Creation.
165. The earthly Cathars who followed Me and love were messengers of My love. Some have graduated to becoming guardians in the capacity of My spiritual Cathars. In a sense, the earthly Cathars who followed Me were guardians of love, for they proclaimed the truth and lived the truth of My love. But as far as the official ministry and title of being guardians of My love, this was given to the spiritual Cathars.
166. A guardian of love is one whose task is to nurture, promote, support, and spread love. The Cathars are guardians of love. Love is the essence of My Own mother, the Holy Spirit. They do not control love, nor are they the only ones responsible for its flow in the sense you might think when you hear the word guardian, for the presence of the Spirit Queen of Love pervades the universe and beyond, and fills eternity itself.
167. These spiritual beings, the Cathars, work with you in these last times, as do many others. They help to guide the Salvay in coordinating and fine-tuning the counterattacks against the Selvegion. They came to Earth that they might better understand the battles and needs of men, that they might be of greater help to the Salvay in these times. This is nothing new. I too came to Earth that I might better aid My Father in presenting your needs and pleading your case before Him. I came to save you, but I also came to learn, that I might better serve the Father.
168. The Cathars were given a life in the realm of time and man and were given certain places within the ranks of those who came to be called the Cathars on Earth. Not all were leaders, nor was every earthly Cathar a spiritual Cathar.
169. Just as each one who leaves the realm of the spirit to enter the realm of time and the flesh must make their choices‚ learn the things the Father ordained them to learn and gain a wealth of understanding that they could not have found otherwise, the Cathars were called to do likewise: to be humbled, to learn a deep understanding of and compassion for those they would be called to help in these last times, and to understand the weapon of brotherhood in a special way that now enables them to help you and to help guide and counsel the Salvay as they strive to employ this weapon to destroy their enemy, the evil Selvegion.
170. Their time on Earth enabled the Cathars to become wise guardians of this power-ful weapon. If you’ll listen to their whispers they’ll gladly train you in its use too.
171. You might wonder, as I did, what the difference is between the weapon of brotherhood‚ which includes love, unity, trust, and selflessness-and the weapon of the Law of Love. They seem very interrelated, and they are! When we asked the Lord about it‚ He basically explained that they are two ways that we can harness the greatest power in the universe-love! He explained that it’s not really necessary to completely separate them in our minds, because they are very related and overlap at times.
172. Here is a bit more counsel from Him about these two weapons and how we can be using them more offensively. In an upcoming GN, we’ll focus on the weapon of the Law of Love and share more counsel from our dear Lover on how to use it offensively to defeat the Enemy!
173. (Jesus:) I have used the term “weapon" to describe these gifts because they are powerful against the Enemy and his inroads and attacks. They could also be called “tools," because they serve to shield you from the Enemy’s poisons, to heal, to transform hearts, to create new life, and to strengthen and empower you and others to do mighty exploits.
174. So while they are very destructive to the Enemy, they are also very positive, strengthening, and regenerative to you and your spirit when you use them. The word “weapons" sometimes conjures up a negative connotation of pain and suffering. And while that is the case for the Enemy whenever you use this spiritual firepower‚ they also have great positive transformation power for you and those around you who are touched by them.
175. The weapons of the spirit can only be used skillfully as you make them a part of you. They can never become a truly useful and effective tool if you are trying to use them without fully integrating them into your very being. But many do just this. They try to use love, unity, trust, and selflessness as they would a sword or a gun, picking it up only when it suits their purpose and operating it to fulfill their plans and satisfy their wants and needs.
176. What you must understand is that I am calling you to something far greater, something which will require the sacrifice of your own selfish ways and desires, to make these weapons so much a part of you that they are integrated into every thought, every feeling, every fiber of your being.
177. They must become so much a part of you that they become your motivation and your desire, so that every action is based on and motivated by My Spirit through these tools. These weapons of the Law of Love and the weapon of brotherhood are each unique, yet they are one. When you make them a part of you, they blend together to become one weapon of unlimited power.
178. The Enemy’s cheap, counterfeit images of bionic men are his twisted versions of what you, My powerful ones‚ will become in the spirit. Your power is for good, but you too must become so integrated into these spiritual weapons that they become a part of you in every way.
179. In this sense, these weapons blend together in you to create a power and force that nothing can stop or resist. In order to use the weapon of the Law of Love and the weapon of brotherhood, you must abandon the selfishness, pride, and laziness of your own human nature. Then these weapons are activated and you are able to use them in all their power for My glory.
180. You will be able to go far beyond anything man has ever accomplished before, because it will not be the nature of man doing it, but My nature in you through these weapons that will destroy evil, defeat Satan, and bring light, life, love and power to one another, to yourself‚ and to all those you touch.
181. Before you read the following summary points, stop and think about the Letter, and try to remember as many of the important points as you can. Then read the list and see how many you retained.
Ø Understand why you’re fighting. Have a goal in mind for your problems.
Ø Bring the battle to the Enemy when he attacks you!
Ø Focus on becoming offensive fighters and use your spiritual weapons offensively. You must take on the mindset of an aggressor and conqueror rather than a counterattacker or defender. Much of the victory lies in praise, positive thinking, and positive action.
Ø You’re an uncompromising threat to Satan’s realm. He sees you as dangerous men and women who are true threats. Let that encourage you and motivate you to get tough on the Enemy! Be strong in the spirit like you have the potential to be.
Ø You are destined to receive the greatest honor ever bestowed on anyone! Because of this, you must face great tests of preparation to purge the world from your hearts and spirits.
Ø Attacks of the Enemy and battles will become an increased part of your life as you go into the Endtime.
Ø The Enemy is fighting God’s will for the future of the Family‚ and that’s why there are so many battles in the spirit and why many of you are feeling the heat.
Ø You’re in training for the future, but you don’t have that much time left for training; these days of peace are numbered.
Ø The key of determination will be instrumental in fighting the Enemy, overcoming, and being successful. It will give you the strength to persevere, to not give up, but to fight through to victory.
Ø The first step to take to stay a step ahead of the Enemy is to praise! Praise is one of the most advanced spiritual weapons you can use.
Ø Ask the Lord to show you (and your Home) how to stay a step ahead of the Enemy. Learn how to look beyond the immediate needs of today, to plan and prepare and be strengthened for the future.
Ø Take one weapon at a time and focus on it. Pray about specific positive and proactive steps that you can take to develop your use of that weapon.
Ø Bombard the Enemy with as many of the weapons at your disposal as you can! Use all your weapons! Don’t just inflict damage, but obliterate him and put down his forces completely.
Ø We can call the spiritual weapon of love, unity, trust and selflessness the weapon of brotherhood. This weapon is the key to winning the world and making disciples of all nations!
Ø We can call on the Cathars for help in learning to use the weapon of brotherhood. They are the guardians of love.
Ø In order to really be proficient and expert fighters, our spiritual weapons must become a part of us, not just something we take up and use when it suits our purpose.
Remembering to fight when you least feel like it!
- As I was going over these messages from the Lord and preparing this GN for you‚ I started pulling out the key points. The Lord showed me to put some of them together in a “statement of intent" or “creed of battle," what we believe as fighters, children of David, and will by faith become with the Lord’s help.
183. The Lord said that He wanted to put it all together for you like this so that you would have it in one place to go back to and refer to easily when you’re in the heat of battle. He said:
184. (Jesus:) This “fighter’s creed of the children of David" is something that I want My brides to be able to take with them and use whenever they need it. It’s something that I want them to read and review when they least feel like it, because that’s how you become a fighter-by fighting when you least feel like it. Reminding themselves of what their reactions should be is crucial, and will help them to make more right decisions when they’re on the spot and need to remember to take up their weapons and fight! That’s the true test of a fighter, and that’s what I expect from the children of David-that they will learn to pick up their weapons and fire them no matter how they feel.
186. There’s more to come! We have not yet begun to fight! Don’t let that thought overwhelm you! If you’re feeling overwhelmed, stop and pray for a change of mind, and then read the following statements, and say them out loud-to yourself, to our Husband and Commander in Chief, and to the Devil! Say them as often as you need to, until you start to feel the fire of hatred for the Devil, the challenge to defeat him, and the desire to live these words!
187. As you wield the weapons of war in your hands, you will grow in strength and faith and grace, and will learn to love engaging the Devil and defeating him! Praise and honor to our Husband, Who teaches our hands to war and our fingers to fight!
With love and honor as a fellow soldier,
The Fighter’s Creed of the Children of David
We are soldiers. We are conquerors. To fight in our Lord’s wars is our calling. This is our destiny: to set back, to defeat‚ to conquer, and to completely rout our adversary.
We are aggressors. We are attackers. We are overcomers. This is our calling and our commission.
We will take the initiative and get the upper hand.
We will fight this war to the best of our ability. We will give it all we’ve got. We will fight with heart, mind, body, and soul. We will win the war.
We will learn to enjoy stamping out the Enemy and rescuing ourselves, our brethren, and the lost from his clutches!
We will take over the world for our King and Husband and Commander in Chief! This is our goal and our focus, what we vow to live and breathe and fight for each day.
We will scare the Enemy back to Hell, because we are channels of the full power of God through our use of the undefeatable and invincible weapons of the spirit that He has entrusted to our hands.
Our attitude toward the Devil will be one of a seasoned veteran fighter who is not shocked or surprised or overwhelmed by the Enemy’s tactics, who has been through the worst and has won, and knows that with the power of the spiritual weapons, any attack will end in defeat for our adversary!
We will take active steps to grow in wielding our weapons of love and unity, which are some of the prime weapons that will help us to win disciples of all nations and win the world for Jesus.
We are an uncompromising threat to Satan’s realm.
We are an aggressive, invading force, conquering the Enemy’s territory.
We are tough and mighty in spirit because we have a tough and mighty God. We are strong in Him and in the power of His might.
We are the children of David and are destined to be shining lights in the deepest darkness, to endure to the End and receive the crown of life‚ to be men and women of faith who will do exploits, to help the Gospel be preached in every nation, before kings and governors‚ before hungry crowds and raging mobs, to bring many to our Husband, and our witness will be greater than any who have gone before.
In order to fulfill our mission on Earth:
• We commit ourselves to becoming proficient and expert in the art of spiritual warfare.
• We resolve to focus on becoming offensive fighters.
• We will anticipate the Devil’s next move and preempt it.
• We resolve to storm the gates of Satan’s strongholds.
• We dedicate ourselves to learn to fight effectively.
• We resolve not to be intimidated, or discouraged by the battles.
• We choose to love the fight and to relish the opportunity of hitting the Enemy where it hurts.
• We determine to go to bed at night and wake up in the morning with our weapons in our hands.
• We resolve to constantly look for the next way we can defeat, surprise, and devastate the Enemy.
• We will not waver in our knowledge that we are seasoned, veteran fighters, dangerous to the Enemy, and that we have the power to defeat him every time.
• We commit ourselves to engaging the Enemy.
• We resolve to focus on the victory.
• We determine to ambush, rout, massacre, obliterate, and slaughter the Devil.
• We determine to learn to anticipate the Enemy’s moves and preempt them.
• We commit ourselves to fighting and killing Satan’s minions wherever we find them.
• We resolve to use all the spiritual power available to us.
• We resolve to welcome the battles because they are our teachers and make us stronger, wiser, and more fearsome adversaries, more equipped to be effective soldiers.
• We commit ourselves to persevering with the key of determination.
• We resolve not to give up until we see victory, and not to rest until we have seen our Enemy slaughtered.
• We determine to fight him, heart‚ soul, body and strength.
• We determine that we will be moving targets.
• We commit ourselves to advancing on the Enemy’s territory, attacking him first, and not waiting for him to attack us.
• We will fight the Enemy with passion and fervor, and will not give up until we see victory.
• We will not rest until we have seen our Enemy defeated.
• We determine to wallop him, assault him, bombard him, combat him, blast him, confuse him, and finally obliterate him.
• We resolve to use all of our firepower and put down his forces completely.
• We will take up the undefeatable weapon of praise and use it in every situation, no matter how we feel.
• We will brandish our weapon of prophecy, and through it have foreknowledge of the Enemy’s attacks and chart the course to victory.
• We will skillfully use the weapon of loving our Husband intimately, till we are known as His intimate brides who are victorious in every battle!
• We will wield the weapon of humility, even at the times we least feel like it.
• We will diligently use the weapon of focusing on the power, and will put down all attempts by our adversary to distract and confuse us.
• We will charge with the weapon of the keys, knowing that their power is unequaled and victory is guaranteed.
• We will wield the weapon of love and unity, knowing that Satan is defeated by it.
• We will rely on the weapon of prayer, exercising and stretching our faith in this area as we claim the miracles promised to us.
• We will rely on full possession by our Husband‚ for though we are weak, He is strong in us.
• We will depend on the weapon of working with our spirit helpers, and through them be all that our Husband needs us to be.
• We will unleash the weapon of the Word on our adversary, and not rest until he is defeated.
• We choose to lead the way and be the attackers, the aggressors, the conquerors!
• We will persevere, endure, and triumph!